5 Tips to Avoid Burnout
Dr. Ben Connolly
You are a rock star! You’re motivated, driven and are always working towards your goals. Which is why you’re here! You don’t have time to be burnout!
Which is why you’re here! You need to know what to do to keep being a rock star and never burn-out. So here we go!
- Optimize your breakfast. Eat high fat, moderate protein and low carbohydrate breakfast. Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Avoid breakfast cereals, oatmeal, bagels and toast. instead have an omelette loaded with veggies, olives, spinach, cheese etc…
- Do your most important work at the beginning of your day. Research shows that the first few hours of your day are your most productive. Yet so many of us actually waste this key time by commuting to work.
- Get to bed before midnight! This is key, one of the fastest ways to burnout is to hustle late into the night. This leads to low levels of your sleep hormone melatonin which means your stress hormone, cortisol will rise higher the next day which means you are well on your way to burning out. I always tell patients that every hour of sleep you get before midnight counts as two!
- Take some time to recharge. The struggle is real and you want to keep hustling but unless you’re The Rock you can’t keep this pace forever. This means taking small chunks of time to unplug. Literally, unplug. Put away the cellphone and the laptop. Turn off all the screens and just breathe. This mindfulness will change your life and keep you balanced. Tim Ferris talks in his book “Tools of Titans” in great length about how the most successful people he knows all have a strong meditation or mindfulness practice.
- Be efficient, not busy! Many people feel that if they are being busy then they are hustling. This could not be further from the truth. The goal is to be efficient, do only what you have to, delegate as much as possible and be laser clear on your goals and your focus.
Start Your Best Health, Today
Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation